Aerial Lift PM Checklist Data Imported into Mechanic’s Mate CMMS
|Task ID||Task Category||Task Name||Procedure|
|ARL-PS-VIS||Check Pre-Start Visual||Aerial Lift Pre-Start Visual Check||• Fluids - Check fluid levels (oil, hydraulic, fuel and coolant) and maintain as required.
• Leaks - Check the air, hydraulic, and fuel systems for leaks or other deficiencies. Inspect hoses, lines, and fittings for leaks.
• Wheel/Tires - Inspect wheels for damage and tires for excessive wear, cuts, bulges, and verify correct pressure. Inspect lug nuts.
• Anchor Point - Verify that the lift has a designated “anchor” point to attach fall protection. Do not use the lift if an anchor point is not available. Lanyards cannot be attached to the guardrail. Lanyards cannot be connected to the lanyard itself.
• PPE - Inspect all personal protective equipment such as hard hats and harnesses. Verify lanyard is in proper working condition and free of damage.
• Insulation - Inspect fiberglass and other insulating components to ensure they are free of damage and properly in place.
• Markings/Signs - Check for missing or unreadable warning, control, operation, or safety markings or signs.
• Fasteners - Inspect for missing, improper, or damaged mechanical fasteners and locking pins.
• Battery - Check battery condition, hold-down, terminals, and connections. Check battery charger is secure and no damage.
• Cable/Wiring - Inspect cable and wiring harnesses. Check for loose cables or faulty wiring. All fittings should be tight.
• Missing Parts - Inspect for loose or missing parts.
• Welds - Inspect for cracked welds.
• Stabilizers - Inspect outriggers, stabilizers, and other structures. Support braces must be intact.
• Guardrail - Check the guardrail systems and chains to ensure they are intact.
• Cleanliness - Ensure platform is free of dirt, oil, grease, etc. Ensure control panel is clean.
• Control Protecction - Verify both upper and lower controls are adequately protected from inadvertent operation.
• Safety Devices - Check all safety devices for defects or damage. All rails, toe-boards, and safety chains are in place.
|ARL-PS-OP||Check Pre-Start Operational||Aerial Lift Pre-Start Operational Check||• Horn - Verify horn functions correctly and is sufficiently loud.
• Gauges/Indicators - Verify all gauges and safety indicator lights work.
• Brakes - Check brakes for proper operation.
• Lights/Backup Alarm - Verify lights and backup alarms function correctly.
• Controls - Verify operating and emergency controls function properly and are free of damage. Ensure emergency off button or emergency stop device are free of damage and function correctly.
• Lift Test - Perform a lift test from the ground. Take the boom to full extension then back again. Listen for unusual noises, look for leaks and other signs of wear on the lift. Verify all controls are functioning properly.
• Upper Drive Interlock - Check upper drive control interlock (i.e. foot pedal, spring lock, or two hand controls) for correct operation.
• Emergency Lowering - Emergency Lowering function operates properly.
• Control Override - Verify lower operating controls successfully override the upper controls.
• Drive Controls - Check drive controls for proper function.
• Motion Alarms - Check motion alarms for proper function.
• Outriggers/Alarms - Verify outriggers are in place or functioning and associated alarms are working.
|ARL-WK-ZON||Inspection||Aerial Lift Work Zone Inspection||• Floor -Check for drop-offs, holes, or unstable surfaces such as loose dirt.
• Bumps/Ditches - Check for slopes, bumps, and ditches.
• Obstructions - Check for floor obstructions and debris.
• Ceilings - Check for inadequate ceiling heights.
• Overhead Wires - Check for potential contact or entanglement with overhead power lines and communication cables.
• Overhead Obstructions - Check for potential contact or entanglement with any overhead obstructions.
• Hazardous Location - Check for hazardous locations like blind spots, narrow aisles, and busy traffic areas.
• Wind/Weather - Check for high wind, ice, and other hazardous weather conditions.
• Pedestrians - Check for pedestrians or other persons in close proximity.